This year my husband and I hosted Valentine’s Day dinner for our family. You can read my previous blog about the dinner. This blog will be able the gifts that we gave.
The adults received chocolate hearts. Each adult had one on their plate before we started dinner.
The kids got more goodies. My nieces got mailboxes with goodies inside. Inside the mailboxes I placed goldfish. It’s nice to take when going somewhere with the kids and they want to snack. I also gave them a rubber duck. The rubber duck was a Valentine’s Day one. My older niece who is in preschool got pencils that way she can use them when doing her homework. I also placed a small stuffed animal inside the mailbox. The final things that were in the mailbox were candy: ring pop and lollipops. Each mailbox had two balloons attached to them.
These gifts were simple and quick to put together. I hope this inspires you to create your own Valentine’s Day gifts for your family.
Ever thought of getting someone a birthday basket? Read this blog to find out what you can do for a 60th birthday basket. Today is my dad’s 60th birthday. 60 is a big number and so much is achieved by the time someone is 60. Many people have large parties for their 60th birthdays. My dad did not we just went out for his birthday as a family. My dad is the first man that I have loved. My dad is a wonderful man who has done so much for me. I wanted to show him how much he had done for me by creating a basket with 60 different things for him. So as his birthday was approaching I started thinking: What will I ever get him? What are some things that he likes? He has so many things that for me to get him something that he didn’t have was going to be hard. So I thought about just getting him things that he can use and/or eat at the moment. I went searching through many different stores in order to pick up 60 different things. Some of the stores which I visited were: CVS, Target, TJMaxx, BJs and Walmart.
Gifts and the store:
- TJMaxx- I picked up a large basket so that I was able to place all the things into that basket. Other things which I picked up in TJMaxx were two shirts, a wallet, four ties, and a portable cellphone charger.
- CVS- I picked up many different chocolate bars. I wanted to pick a variety so that they were all not the same. This was the easy part because my dad eats all kinds of chocolate.
- Target- I picked up some more chocolate bars.
- Walmart- I picked a Mets hat and slippers.
- BJs- I picked up more chocolate but this time it was the Lindt chocolate. I also picked up fruit jelly (he loves these) and Polish beer.
With all these things I was still short of 60 items for the basket. I ended up picking through 10 wines that I had at home to add to the basket.
I was so excited to give my dad his basket and watch his reaction to all the things that I got for him. When I gave him the basket he was so happy and excited with all the things that he got. Below is a photo of the items which I put in the basket. Hope this inspires you to create a 60th birthday basket for someone special in your life. 🙂