When I was pregnant with my boys, I told myself that I want them to eat healthy. I did some research of course through Pinterest and saw how easy it is to make food. I started making puree for my first born. When my second was born, I told myself that I will do that same. When I make his food, I know what goes in. I pick up the food from the grocery store and then make it myself.
When I was pregnant with my first, I asked for a baby bullet. I love my baby bullet because I am able to make my boys food puree. The baby bullet came with little jars and have numbers on it. The numbers as used as the dates of the week. So whenever I put in the food, I mark it with the date which the puree was placed into it. It was one of the best things that I asked for. I went on to make my own food for my boys. It is quick and easy and costs almost nothing. Here I am sharing my pear puree.
- pears (I used 3)
- Boil water.
- Clean, core and peel the pears.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Once the water boils, place the pears into the pot.
- Reboil the water and cover the pot.
- Once the pears are soft, place them into the baby bullet.
- Blend the pears using the water that was used to boil.
- Place puree into jars.
It is simple and quick. Happy baby food making!
Cooking is another one of my favorite things to do. Cooking relaxes me and I enjoy cooking food that everyone likes to eat.
I’m not Italian but my husband is part. So he has always been used to eating sausage and peppers. I was first introduced to sausage and peppers at his house and since we got married, I’ve made my own sausage and peppers. Everyone has their own way of doing things. So this is just one way.
1 medium onion chopped
2 red bell peppers cut into pieces
2 tablespoons of olive oil
sausages – 4 links
Steps to making sausage and peppers
1. Heat about about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I eye ball it.
2. Cut up a medium onion and two red (or any other color you want) bell peppers.
3. Once the oil is heated, place cut up onions and bell peppers.
4. Sauté the peppers and onion until soft. You don’t want to have hard peppers and onions. I let them cook for about 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper and mix.
5. Once the onions and peppers are sautéed enough, place the sausages on top of the onions and bell peppers.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes and then mix the sausages to the bottom of the pan.
7. Let the sausages cook until they are no longer pink insides
8. Once your sausages have cooked, serve and enjoy. You can serve with bread or by itself and a side dish.