Money saving apps? There are so many money saving apps. As a working mother of 2 sweet boys, there has to be some kind of savings. We work so much to make ends meet that we want to save some kind of money just for us. There are so many rewards out there to help you get rewarded for shopping. These rewards can be in the form of e-gift cards or cash out checks. Any amount counts to help us to save. I will tell you all about the different kinds of money saving apps that I use along with referral codes.
- Receipt Hog– This app is great and easy to use. You scan your receipt from any kind of shopping that you might have done: whether it is from grocery shopping or clothing shopping. You can get either coins or entry points for a sweepstakes or for a slots machine which you can win coins. Just scan away and you can earn coins. You can redeem the coins that you earn from your receipts in the form of an Amazon gift card or PayPal. For an Amazon gift card and/or PayPal, you need 1000 coins to get a $5 gift card, 2900 coins for $15, 4300 coins for $25 and 6500 coins for $40. There are also levels that you can reach and earn more coins or spins for your slot machine. The more levels you reach the more coins you earn.
- Checkout 51– This app is also easy to use. They post different items that you might purchase at the grocery store. Here’s how it works: you go grocery shopping, come home and notice that you purchased let’s say Pringles, you scan your receipt and then you claim the Pringles and then you get whatever the amount is. Once you claim $20, you can cash out. They send you a check to your home address. There are many different categorizes that you can claim from: personal care, medicine & health, beverages, beer, wine, spirits, frozen, babies & kids, pet, home, dairy & eggs, bakery, pantry, snacks & sweets. There are also bonuses that you can earn after claiming certain items.
- Ibotta– This app is wonderful. I really enjoy this app a lot because I can scan my receipt and claim items that I have purchased. If you shop online, you can also claim items and money rewards. There are different kinds of catergories that you can shop from like: grocery, mobile shopping, beer, wine & spirits, pharmacy, clothing, beauty & wellness, specialty, restaurant & bars, convenience, travel, crafts & gifts, and home & electronics. There is a wide range of stores that you can claim money for. For example, if you shop at Shop Rite, you can look at what they have to claim like for example, Cocoa Pebbles you can get $0.45 back for purchasing it. Once you get a certain amount of money, you can claim either PayPal, Venmo, gifts cards ( Sephora, Kohl’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, itunes, Amazon, Buybuybaby, IHOP and so many others). There are many different ways to earn money here. One way is through claim what you purchased. Another way is through teamwork: where you work in a group and earn points by claiming a certain amount of offers. Once you claim a certain amount of offers you can get a bonus. There are different kinds of bonuses that you can also earn more money. This app is great and you can earn a lot of money. This app also uses a referral code which gives both you and your team more money. You can earn $5 for each friend that uses the app once. Easy way to make more money and earn rewards. You can use my referral code to help you get started: 7392ug.
- Shopkick– This app is a fun app. When you walk into a store, you open up the app and can get walk-in points. While in the store you can then scan certain items to get even more points. Some stores will also have receipt scans to get even more points. These points can be use to get gift cards to Starbucks, Amazon, Walmart, American Eagle, Target, Aerie, Best Buy, Lowe’s, Old Navy, Nike and so many others. It’s a fun and easy way to earn kicks. You also have friends use your referral code and you can earn more kicks. You can use my referral code: COOL333779 to help you get started.
- FetchRewards– This is a new app which I started using. This app is used by scanning your grocery receipt and you get points. You can earn more points if you purchase the items that they have as special offers. There are different brands that you can get more points. The rewards for points can be used of gift cards, restaurants and many others. You can claim points starting at 5,000 points for $5. It’s quick and easy to do. You also can use a referral code to earn more points. You can use my referral code: P4TXJ to help you get started.
I hope these apps help you save some money. A little goes a long way as the saying goes. Happy Saving!!!
When my husband and I got pregnant the second time, we knew that we definitely wanted to know the sex of the baby. We also wanted to make sure to reveal it to our family and friends. I definitely didn’t want to do something that people I know did. A few people had done the cake where the inside the color of a boy or girl. Others had done a box with balloons inside that are the color of a boy or girl. I like to be different. My husband and I were watching a Disney movie “Princess Diaries”, and when the character and her mother are throwing darts at balloons filled with paint, that was when I got the idea to do that as a gender reveal.
I picked up a science poster board and used letter cutouts to write the words. The middle part of the board had he or she and a question mark. The sides had one for a boy and one for girl and our guests voted on what they thought our second baby was going to be. When we went to the doctor to find out what the sex of the baby was, we picked up black balloons and the color paint. We filled the balloon with the paint and placed it in the middle part.
Our guests came to a gender reveal BBQ. We had BBQ food for our guests. Before the dessert, we did our reveal. We taped up the poster board on a door. My husband took darts and threw them at the black balloon. And surprise to everyone. It was another boy. We couldn’t be more happy to welcome a second boy into our family.
December is a great month because as the song goes “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”. People decorate both the inside and outside of the house with lights. December is a very festive month. Growing up, my parents would take us to look at all the decorations and how other people decorate their homes for the holidays. People visit Manhattan during this month to visit the Rockfeller Center Tree and explore the city with their lights. I always enjoyed this tradition with my parents. It made it a lot of fun to take time out of our day to just walk around and enjoy the lights.
As we got older that stopped. I did go into Manhattan to see the Rockfeller Center Tree but it was not always. It was always something that I wanted to go back to. I know that when I would come home from school or work in December, I would look at the lights around me. It was beautiful. The beautiful colors everywhere made it feel like a fairy tale.
This year was the first year that we started this lights tradition with our son. Our son was too small the past year. This year, we decided to walk around the neighborhood. Something that my parents had done with me. When we took our walk to look at all the lights, I have never seen a child more excited than him. My son was saying “ohh” and “ahh” every time we pasted a house with new lights. He was amazed at the simple experience of walking and looking at the lights. I even took some photos of him and he would pose for the photos without any issues. As my husband and I were walking with our boys, it made me realize how important it is to do simple things with your children. My son has many toys and books to keep him entertained, but the simple idea of looking at Christmas lights was better than anything else. This is just the start of a wonderful tradition to do with our boys. Start a tradition with your family that you can do yearly and make it special because those are the moments that you will remember forever. The feeling of joy from the simple things.
My husband and I started planning baby #2 in the winter. We knew that we wanted to have more children. Of course there’s a lot to think about when planning to extend you’re family. Money is always the question. It is important to have that figured out.
I worried how my first born was going to handle being a sibling. We made sure to let him know that he is special and important to us. While pregnant with my second child, we made sure to read books to our first born. We told him that he’s going to be a big brother. We let him touch my belly and kiss it. It was amazing to see how he reacted to my baby bump. Towards the end was when he would kiss my belly every day. Every time there was a pampers commercial, we told him that he’s going to have a brother like that very soon. I have to say that it worked. When our second son was born, my first born reacted in a way that shocked all us. The first day was rough at the hospital put that changed the second day. The second day, when he came to the hospital, the first thing that he did was come over and give his brother a kiss. Everyone that was at the hospital was in complete shock. We never thought that a child of all most 2 years old, would react that way.
Things have changed but not too much. My son still goes to his brother every day and kisses him often. Every morning he sits on a chair and wants his brother to sit with him and then I have to take a photo of them. It’s amazing to see this relationship start the way that it has. My only hope is that it never ends and they continue to love one another.
There are challenges of course. My husband works nights so I’m home with the boys. It’s a challenge to bathe them. The other most difficult challenge is making sure that my first born understands that we love him the same and nothing has changed. We just have to give the newborn a little bit more attention. We try our best and we are learning as we go along. I of course wouldn’t change this experience for anything. I love my boys so much and look forward to the next few years of amazing experiences and challenges that come our way. I will blog about theses challenges and experiences.
I love taking photographs but it’s very hard with a toddler. My son moved around so much and will not sit still. So taking photos is very hard. I always get him looking away and not paying attention. I still went ahead and had my husband try to help with a Valentine’s Day Photoshoot. I did my best and got what I got. It was fun and I actually got a few photos of my son looking.
I always try to use props. This year since he’s a toddler I had limit what I gave him because he would either throw it or put it in his mouth. I of course got him a eligible bachelor onesie from Carters. The rest of the props that were used were: rose petals, cut-out red hearts and a few fake roses. I placed the rose petals all over the floor and that actually got him to go to the floor and sit. On the closet door, I taped red glitter hearts. He of course picked at them but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. I handed him a few fake roses and then the snapping started.
Below is a photo of my Photoshoot. The best that I could do as a new time at home photo taker. I hope this inspires you to create your own backgrounds and use props for photography. Happy snapping!
This year was a challenge with my one year old son to take photos. Last year my son was just one month old so it was easy to take photos. This year I have a one year old and it was challenging. He didn’t want to sit still and do what I wanted him to do.
I went outside and took photos that way. My son has a police little tikes car so I used that. I also purchased a small tree that lights up and a string of lights. I also placed a Santa hat on him to help make the photo cuter. It was easier to take photos this way. I wish that I had the woods to use for the photos but I didn’t ski used whatever I had. I had a great time taking his Christmas photos for this year. Hope these photos inspire you.
I always am searching through everything on Pinterest. I came across a wonderful idea of a hand printed table runner. I wish I came across it last year. When my son was born, I had all these ideas to do things with hand and foot prints. When he was born I was scared to put paint on his tiny little hands. Now that he is a year old it’s easier to do things like that.
When I saw the idea of a hand print table runner, I went out looking for one for Thankgiving. Each year I will use a different color paint and paint his hands and then place it on the table runner. I will also date it. I started it this year and it’s a nice way to see how his hands grow and he can see it as well when he gets older. I started on one side of the table runner and the other side will be for the next child (if we are able to have another child).
The things that I needed were a paint brush, acrylic paint and a table runner. This year my husband picked the color and he picked orange. I placed the arylic paint on my son’s hands. I did one at a time so that he will not get it all over one of us. Right away we cleaned his hands. It was quick and easy to do. It also dried right away. I dated the hand prints the next day with black arylic paint. Below is a photo of the first step. I hope this inspires you to make your own. It’s a special keepsake to have. Happy crafting.