I love beets. As a child I used to eat them when my mom made them for us. My husband never ate them. I wanted to make sure that our boys eat them. So I made my son beets puree. He was not really a fan of it but he did eat them. Here is how I made them.
- 4 beets
- cooking board
- baby bullet
Step 1: Peel the four beets.
Step 2: Cut into 2 inch pieces.
Step 3: Put water into the pot and place the beets inside.
Step 4: Bring water into a boil with beets inside and cook until they are soft.
Step 5: Place the beets into baby bullet and puree it.
Making beets took a little longer than the fruit because fruit is softer. But it was easy to make.
Happy Baby Food Making!!!
Here is another kind of baby puree that I have made my kids. I always want them to have healthy food because buying food you don’t know what gets put into it.
I started with the apples.
Step 1: Peel and core the apples. (I peeled the apples because I made it with the peel once and it was hard for my son to eat.)
Step 2: Cut into 2 inch pieces.
Step 3: Place apple pieces into a pot and fill with water.
Step 4: Let the apples boil and get soft. About 10 minutes.
Step 5: Place the apples into the Baby Bullet. Puree the apples. Add water if needed to make it softer. I used the same water that was used to boil the water because it still has the flavor of the apple in it.
Step 6: Place into a separate bowl.
Next I worked on the bananas.
Step 1: Peel 2 bananas.
Step 2: Cut into 3 inch pieces.
Step 3: Place into Baby Bullet.
Step 4: Add some baby water. I use baby water because it filtered a different way.
Step 5: Puree the bananas.
Combine together. I placed the pureed apples into the puree with the bananas and pureed it once more so that they would mix together.
I ended up getting 6 baby bullet jars and one baby bowl of baby puree.
It took me about 20 minutes to do all this. It was quick and easy to make. I used everything that I already had at home.
Happy baby making food!!!!!
Homemade food is the best for babies. You make it and you know exactly what goes into it. It’s important that your baby gets the best food and that is through being homemade. This week I made pea puree as a first food for my son. It was quick and easy and I made it under 15 minutes. Below are the ingredients/materials and directions for 3 small jars of peas for trying and tasting.
- frozen peas (1/2 a bag)
- a quart size pot
- baby bullet
- baby bullet jars
- slotted spoon
- Put 1/2 a bag of frozen peas into the quart size pot.
- Fill the pot with water up until the peas a covered a little bit.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put it into your baby bullet using a slotted spoon to not get any water into the baby bullet.
- Blend and add some of the water that was used to boil the peas.
- Blend until it is a puree.
- Fill up the baby bullet jars with the peas puree.
- Store in the fridge for 3 days.
Hope your baby enjoys the pea puree. Happy baby food making!
I enjoy making my son homemade food. It is easy and quick to make. I also know what is going into the food and I know that it is healthy for him. My last baby food blog was on how to make pear puree. This blog will be how to make banana puree. I needed to make something right before I went to bed. I saw that I had bananas and I read that bananas are a good first food. All I needed was the banana and some baby water. You can use breastmilk if you want instead of the water to make it thick. I used baby water for my banana puree. I, of course, used my baby bullet.
- One medium size banana (ripe)
- baby water
- Cut the banana into 2 inch pieces. I started with 3 pieces first.
- Place 3 pieces into baby bullet or blender.
- Liquidity the banana and add water to help blend it together.
- Add the rest of the banana pieces.
- Pour into storage containers.
- Place in the refrigerator.
It took me under 10 minutes to make. It was quick and easy to make and my one medium size banana made 2 baby jars of food. Happy baby food making!
My first born never really enjoyed an Easter egg hunt. He was to little to understand what to do. He is now 2 years old, so I decided to have him hunt for eggs. That got me thinking, what will I ever put inside the eggs. I was thinking about things that he likes and needs. I needed Easter egg fillers. I searched online to find ideas. There were great ideas out there but I wanted to make it more personal for him. Below is a list of things that he needed or liked.
Toddler Egg Fillers:
- Thomas Minis
- Hershey Kisses
- Disney Cars toys
I filled his plastic Easter eggs with all these fillers. I placed them outside in the yard and he went hunting. He was so excited to hunt and get the eggs. It was pure joy to see him hunt. I also wanted my second born to hunt for eggs but he was too little to walk. I picked a few things that he needed and placed them in a bigger egg for him and just sat him down near them. He went to grab these eggs and it was great too. Below is a list of things for the baby egg filler.
Baby Egg Filler:
- small stuffed animals
Hope this helps. Happy filling!
When I was pregnant with my boys, I told myself that I want them to eat healthy. I did some research of course through Pinterest and saw how easy it is to make food. I started making puree for my first born. When my second was born, I told myself that I will do that same. When I make his food, I know what goes in. I pick up the food from the grocery store and then make it myself.
When I was pregnant with my first, I asked for a baby bullet. I love my baby bullet because I am able to make my boys food puree. The baby bullet came with little jars and have numbers on it. The numbers as used as the dates of the week. So whenever I put in the food, I mark it with the date which the puree was placed into it. It was one of the best things that I asked for. I went on to make my own food for my boys. It is quick and easy and costs almost nothing. Here I am sharing my pear puree.
- pears (I used 3)
- Boil water.
- Clean, core and peel the pears.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Once the water boils, place the pears into the pot.
- Reboil the water and cover the pot.
- Once the pears are soft, place them into the baby bullet.
- Blend the pears using the water that was used to boil.
- Place puree into jars.
It is simple and quick. Happy baby food making!
Money saving apps? There are so many money saving apps. As a working mother of 2 sweet boys, there has to be some kind of savings. We work so much to make ends meet that we want to save some kind of money just for us. There are so many rewards out there to help you get rewarded for shopping. These rewards can be in the form of e-gift cards or cash out checks. Any amount counts to help us to save. I will tell you all about the different kinds of money saving apps that I use along with referral codes.
- Receipt Hog– This app is great and easy to use. You scan your receipt from any kind of shopping that you might have done: whether it is from grocery shopping or clothing shopping. You can get either coins or entry points for a sweepstakes or for a slots machine which you can win coins. Just scan away and you can earn coins. You can redeem the coins that you earn from your receipts in the form of an Amazon gift card or PayPal. For an Amazon gift card and/or PayPal, you need 1000 coins to get a $5 gift card, 2900 coins for $15, 4300 coins for $25 and 6500 coins for $40. There are also levels that you can reach and earn more coins or spins for your slot machine. The more levels you reach the more coins you earn.
- Checkout 51– This app is also easy to use. They post different items that you might purchase at the grocery store. Here’s how it works: you go grocery shopping, come home and notice that you purchased let’s say Pringles, you scan your receipt and then you claim the Pringles and then you get whatever the amount is. Once you claim $20, you can cash out. They send you a check to your home address. There are many different categorizes that you can claim from: personal care, medicine & health, beverages, beer, wine, spirits, frozen, babies & kids, pet, home, dairy & eggs, bakery, pantry, snacks & sweets. There are also bonuses that you can earn after claiming certain items.
- Ibotta– This app is wonderful. I really enjoy this app a lot because I can scan my receipt and claim items that I have purchased. If you shop online, you can also claim items and money rewards. There are different kinds of catergories that you can shop from like: grocery, mobile shopping, beer, wine & spirits, pharmacy, clothing, beauty & wellness, specialty, restaurant & bars, convenience, travel, crafts & gifts, and home & electronics. There is a wide range of stores that you can claim money for. For example, if you shop at Shop Rite, you can look at what they have to claim like for example, Cocoa Pebbles you can get $0.45 back for purchasing it. Once you get a certain amount of money, you can claim either PayPal, Venmo, gifts cards ( Sephora, Kohl’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, itunes, Amazon, Buybuybaby, IHOP and so many others). There are many different ways to earn money here. One way is through claim what you purchased. Another way is through teamwork: where you work in a group and earn points by claiming a certain amount of offers. Once you claim a certain amount of offers you can get a bonus. There are different kinds of bonuses that you can also earn more money. This app is great and you can earn a lot of money. This app also uses a referral code which gives both you and your team more money. You can earn $5 for each friend that uses the app once. Easy way to make more money and earn rewards. You can use my referral code to help you get started: 7392ug.
- Shopkick– This app is a fun app. When you walk into a store, you open up the app and can get walk-in points. While in the store you can then scan certain items to get even more points. Some stores will also have receipt scans to get even more points. These points can be use to get gift cards to Starbucks, Amazon, Walmart, American Eagle, Target, Aerie, Best Buy, Lowe’s, Old Navy, Nike and so many others. It’s a fun and easy way to earn kicks. You also have friends use your referral code and you can earn more kicks. You can use my referral code: COOL333779 to help you get started.
- FetchRewards– This is a new app which I started using. This app is used by scanning your grocery receipt and you get points. You can earn more points if you purchase the items that they have as special offers. There are different brands that you can get more points. The rewards for points can be used of gift cards, restaurants and many others. You can claim points starting at 5,000 points for $5. It’s quick and easy to do. You also can use a referral code to earn more points. You can use my referral code: P4TXJ to help you get started.
I hope these apps help you save some money. A little goes a long way as the saying goes. Happy Saving!!!