I created a monthly timeline of my son for his first birthday. I had pictures of each month from his 1st month to the 12th month. I chose one photo from each month that had showed his growth process. It’s amazing to see myself how much my son grew in a year. It was very hard for me to chose one photo because I had many favorites per month but I did it. I placed this timeline on our stairs to showcase him. Of course it was a Cookie Monster theme so the months were written on chocolate chip cookies (paper) and then I placed the photo onto either blue or yellow cardstock. I started creating this timeline over the summer which gave me about 3 months to complete. As a working mom, I had to make sure that I had everything ready for his birthday, so I started earlier. Below are the steps which I took to create the monthly timeline.
- crayons- brown and blue
- photos- one for each month plus a newborn
- clothes pins
- cardstock- tan, yellow and blue
- Cut out large circles on brown cardstock. Color chocolate chips with a brown crayon.
- Use blue crayon to write each month (newbown, 1 month, 2 months, etc…)
- Fold blue and yellow cardstock in half. Cut them. You should have 7 blue and 6 yellow.
- Tape the cookie month to the blue or yellow cardstock. Continue until you are finished.
- Add a photo for each month.
- Cut a ribbon long enough to fit all the months on it.
- Take each month and place a clothes pin to hold it in place.
I hope this helps you create your own monthly timeline to showcase your child on their first birthday.