As I reflect on my son’s first birthday, I worked really hard to create a Cookie Monster theme. It was very hard to find things to do because boys are hard to find themes for. As you know, I picked a Cookie Monster theme. I didn’t want to do a Mickey Mouse theme because I wanted to do something different from others. The next couple of blogs will be about my son’s first birthday party. I hope it inspires you to think outside of the box and create a theme for your child and work with what you have.
The first thing that I made was a first birthday photo frame. I used a mat from a photo frame. I painted it with a acrylic paint and then decorated it.
– photo frame
– acrylic paint- light brown and dark brown
– letter accents- blue and gold
- paint brushes
- Paint the photo frame with light brown. Let it dry.
2. Paint circles using the dark brown paint. Let it dry
3. Use the letter accents both gold and blue. I spelled out Happy 1st birthday Michael.
4. I taped the letters on the frame.
5. Use the photo frame at the party.
I had a great time making this frame. I hope this inspires you to create your own. Make your child’s birthday party special.