Cooking is another one of my favorite things to do. Cooking relaxes me and I enjoy cooking food that everyone likes to eat.
I’m not Italian but my husband is part. So he has always been used to eating sausage and peppers. I was first introduced to sausage and peppers at his house and since we got married, I’ve made my own sausage and peppers. Everyone has their own way of doing things. So this is just one way.
1 medium onion chopped
2 red bell peppers cut into pieces
2 tablespoons of olive oil
sausages – 4 links
Steps to making sausage and peppers
1. Heat about about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I eye ball it.
2. Cut up a medium onion and two red (or any other color you want) bell peppers.
3. Once the oil is heated, place cut up onions and bell peppers.
4. Sauté the peppers and onion until soft. You don’t want to have hard peppers and onions. I let them cook for about 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper and mix.
5. Once the onions and peppers are sautéed enough, place the sausages on top of the onions and bell peppers.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes and then mix the sausages to the bottom of the pan.
7. Let the sausages cook until they are no longer pink insides
8. Once your sausages have cooked, serve and enjoy. You can serve with bread or by itself and a side dish.