A few years ago, I made melted crayon art. It was a lot of fun. As a teacher, I had a lot of crayons and didn’t know what to do with them. I found melted crayon art on Pinterest and decided to try it.
Here is a list of things that I needed:
- canvas board
- hair dryer
- crayons- at least two packs of 24 crayons
- glue gun with glue sticks
- magazines to place on the floor to cover your art working area
Here are the steps to creating you’re own melted crayon art:
- Place crayons on the canvas board any way that you may want. I chose to create a heart shaped melted crayon art.
- Glue gun the crayons in their places so that they don’t move. Be careful it does get hot. Work quickly as a glue gun melts the glue and drys quickly.
- Once you glue you’re crayons in the canvas, get your hair dryer ready.
- Position the hair dryer close to the crayons and make sure the hair dryer is on high. Move the hair dryer back and forth and be careful as the crayons start to melt.
- Continue using the hair dryer until you finish melting all the crayons. Make sure to not melt them all the way. While using the hair dryer be careful because the crayons get hot and so does the hair dryer. The crayons also started splatting everywhere. Make sure you have the area you are working on covered. Melted crayon is not fun to clean.
- You are now done. Let your art cool and than decorate your home.
Hope these steps are helpful. Below are photos of what my melted crayon art looks like. I have it my home on display. Enjoy and I hope this inspires you to create your own melted crayon art.